Saturday 5 March 2011

Creating Final Piece for Task 1

These Images show the development of my final sculpture for task 1. I started by cutting out the first three centre petal shapes with which I chose to decorate with smaller petals. I kept these in a pattern based on repeat so it stayed within the briefs theme. Next I repeated the first step and cut out another three petals but this time larger so they could be placed under the first three. Aslo instead of cutting out smaller petals I left only the outline of the shape. This was starting to look much more decorative so I carried on and made another two layers, repeating what I did with the first two. When I got to the fourth layer I missed one petal off one side of the sculpture, this was for two reasons. One was because I decided I wanted a couple more smaller petals around the outside to make it more circular and flower shaped but I also wanted to use the same sculpture idea for my poster. This way I could take away parts or add things to my sculpture to change it to fit well within my poster design.


















No comments:

Post a Comment